To check out what Hot Moms are reading on their Kindles and Nooks in anticipation of visiting your restaurant,
check out newsrelease.
"We go out to restaurants not only to eat but to be in the world, not home alone. That's why no one wants
to be stuck with that awful table where you can't see or be seen. The trend now, especially in casual restaurants
is the communal table." S. Irene Virbila, Restaurant Critic - Los Angeles Times - September 15, 2011
Excerpt: "The communal table experience" - Critic's Choice
Considering launching a communal table — your very own customer magnet? Create one now and rejuvenate
Check out FREE communal table-creating tips by clicking: communaltableseating
Weary of discounting and price-cutting? REJOICE!
It's time to view the "glass"as "half-full" rather than "half-empty" and
to get back to doing what you do best — cultivating potential customers!
1 OF 7 ADULTS LIVES ALONE = 30+ MILLION POTENTIAL SOLO DINERS!
Savor those numbers --- they constitute a Mega-Market for restaurants!
Solo diners — singles, business and pleasure travelers, very-marrieds whose spouses are out of
town, divorced and widowed, and more (Sooner or later, EVERYONE faces the challenge of eating out alone!)
— these potential guests will help your business survive and thrive in spite of an imperfect economy.
An untapped market is a terrible waste — especially during these challenging times . . .
Tips On How to Attract & Keep Solo Diners,
2nd Edition will help you get your share of this long-neglected huge hungry market!
Eagerly awaited by the industry in the United States and as far away as Dubai, 150-Plus Tips on How to Attract
& Keep Solo Diners, 2nd edition — UPDATED, EXPANDED and ENRICHED with Internet commentary — is
now available for purchase as a PDF file.
Here are tools to put into play today. 150-Plus Tips' huge array of insights, tips and strategies — emphasis:
low or no-cost — will help you develop your own customer-winning combinations.
A Selection of Highlights from 150-Plus Tips!!!
- Reasons why your valuable time and energy is well spent actively marketing to these potential customers
- The different types of solo diners (What segments of the market will you choose to target?)
- What solo diners want (and pray for!) from restaurants ("R-E-S-P-E-C-T," of course, plus
other needs you can easily satisfy.)
- The psychology of catering to solo diners (including ways to defuse harassment of female solo diners — a
major reason why many women avoid dining out alone.)
- The vast selection of seating options for solo diners (Can you afford to seat every solo at a deuce?)
- Why special events are a great way to: (1) introduce solo customers to communal table dining and (2) provide
them with the incentive to join others at a "sit-and-sup-together" table featured in your restaurant
- Reasons why a communal table variation will draw customers to your restaurant
- Examples of communal tables and the dynamics underlying them (The inspiration for the perfect match for YOUR
RESTAURANT?) Discover how Marya is quoted in CONSEQUENTIAL STRANGERS:
The Power of People Who Don't Seem to Matter...But Really Do
- How to establish a communal table, and how to market it to attract solos and couples
- Why serving guests at a communal table can save you money
- Reasons why a counter/bar overlooking prep or cooking action — or another form of entertainment — is a must
for any restaurant interested in attracting solos and couples
- Why attention to details in the construction of a counter/bar will pay off.
- How to "sell" counter/bar dining to solos
- How to turn less-than-desirable seating into a "solo diner magnet"
- How to induce solos to return solo — AND also to return with friends, relatives and business colleagues
- Sample media questions about solo dining and responses to consider
- How to make money from the solo diner market — THE ULTIMATE DISCOVERY!!!
150-PLUS TIPS . . .
* TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why Solo Diners Are An Important Market for YOU!!! — 4
About 150-Plus Tips — 8
150-Plus Tips on How to Attract & Keep Solo Diners
(And your other customers!
Solo Diner Savvy in General — 9
Communal Table Logistics — 25
Counter/Bar Logistics — 38
Q & A: Sample Media Questions about Solo Dining
and Responses to Consider — 42
In Conclusion — 47
*(Please read the "last" FIRST!)
(You'll notice that many of the tips, insights and strategies in this publication apply to "all"
of your customers. That's a winning observation! Use it to your advantage!)
(1) PURCHASE the PDF file of — 150-Plus Tips on How to Attract
& Keep Solo Diners
Price: Only $19.95
(2) PURCHASE A GREAT $$$-SAVING COMBINATION:
the PDF file of — 150-Plus Tips on How to Attract & Keep Solo Diners
the PDF file of —The Art and Satisfaction of Dining Alone — Revealed!
Price: Only $23.95
That's a $4.00 SAVING over the cost of items purchased separately!!!
The Art and Satisfaction of Solo Dining — Revealed! Five Easy Steps to Success
will add to your understanding of the solo diner market. This quick and entertaining read is purchased and read
by solo diners everywhere. For more details, click: HERE
To receive a PDF file of 150-Plus Tips On How to Attract & Keep Solo Diners via e-mail attachment,
make your payment through PayPal (See below.)
As soon as we receive notice of your purchase, we'll e-mail you. The attachment will contain a PDF file of 150-Plus
Tips On How to Attract & Keep Solo Diners.
(P.S. To avoid confusion, please note the following:
When you make your purchase on PayPal, you "won't" see instructions as to "how you will receive
your PDF file. You'll receive it via your e-mail address.)
Satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!
Author, Marya Charles Alexander, dubbed the "first and foremost solo dining maven," by Nations' Restaurant
News, has guided the SoloDining.com website since 2002. She edited and published "Solo Dining Savvy,"
a newsletter from 1997 to 2001. Her study of the solo dining phenomenon resulted in books for the hospitality trade:
Solo Diners: The Untapped Mega-Market, 150-Plus Tips on How to Attract & Keep Solo Diners - 1996 and now, the
highly anticipated 150-Plus Tips on How to Attract & Keep Solo Diners, 2nd edition - 2009.
To receive PDF files of 150-Plus Tips On How to Attract & Keep Solo Diners AND The Art and Satisfaction
of Dining Alone — REVEALED! via e-mail attachment, make your payment through PayPal (See